Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 2-- Feel the burn

Well, I crawled out of bed at 6:00 AM this morning and of course since I am so out of shape, I could already feel a bit of the burn from what little bit of exercises I did yesterday. I guess you have got to start somewhere.

My husband and I work at the same company while I am currently part time, we tend to ride in together on the days I work a full 8 hours. Since he is the operations manager of the facility, we generally don't get out until long after I have clocked out. That being the case and since I can't exactly do my exercise routine from home here, I decided I climb up and down the stairs. I thought 20 times would be a reasonable amount to start.

Starting from the lower level I managed 5 1/2 times up and down before I thought my thighs would absolutely give out. They felt like noodles as I carefully walked back to my office. Again, I remind myself that taking small steps and not getting discouraged is more progress than trying to make a giant leap and giving up on the project.

With any luck we will manage to get out of here at a reasonable time and maybe I can put some time on the tread mill, hula hoop and ab-roller. I'd like to get a little bit of time in each day on them.

Lunch wasn't too bad, I forwent my beloved nacho's bell-grande and got 3 tacos (no sour cream) and a diet pepsi. Not as good as it could have been, but again, I'm striving for moderation here not starvation.

Hope you are having success with your endeavors and new year goals.

No comments: