Monday, January 9, 2012

Resolution vs Motivation

Well, after a very long hiatus I'm back.

Instead of searching for my purpose I am determined to lose the weight that I have put on over the past several years and to get this old body back into some kind of reasonable shape. For several years I have resolved to do this, but my motivation was not quite up with my resolve. This year I am determined more than ever to succeed at this. Sitting on the couch eating potato chips and drinking soda's has got to stop and it stops now!

It is a crying shame that one who used to swim, dive, play soft ball and tennis, hike and all sorts of other activities cannot this day (at 50 even do 1 sit up). For my part, I refuse to turn into a fat old blob that I seem to be headed towards.

I hate exercise, so I decided to follow some advise of one of my good friends and try to have some fun with it. I went to the sporting goods store and purchased a weighted hula hoop for adults, an ab roller... I have a tread mill. With these things and by doing some basic exercises along with some dancing to my favorite tunes I intend to get this body back on track and back into shape. No dieting, just simple portion control and being reasonable.

I'm counting on you for support. At the beginning of the year I weighed myself and took measurements and am tracking them on a spreadsheet. So you can follow along, I will post my them from this past Sunday. Know that I am 5'4" and my target weight is between 120-125 lbs.

Current Weight as of 01/08/2012-- 157.1 lbs
Waist: 33"
Hips: 40 1/2"
Right Thigh: 26"
Left Thigh: 26"

Wish me luck,.

1 comment:

trinlayk said...

OOOH, I used to do martial arts and do MENS push ups and now I need help to lift groceries. *sigh*

I'm an inch or so shorter than you, and weigh 152 the last I checked (Christmas day)

So I'm cheering you on too!
see you on CBR