Sunday, March 25, 2012

Going in circles

On and off through out my life I have read a great many self-help books. That doesn't however mean that I have always taken their advise though in some cases I have tried.

One of the things I am wanting to do as I journey though this weight loss challenge is to get control of my life. De-clutter the house, the closet and in general my life.

What I am finding to be the hardest thing is to let go of items that have memories tied to them. I can't possibly keep everything, but how do you choose? Just sorting through the closet and trying to get rid of clothes is an emotional roller coaster in it self. I'm finding it difficult to define my style. I like such a variety of things that there doesn't seem to be any one set pattern to my style. Eclectic. Yeah, that makes it fun to try to match up a wardrobe, let alone the rest of your house.

The good news is as I lose the weight I am able to disperse of more of the clothes. The bad news is I'm constantly finding something to replace it. Since I do a majority of my clothing shopping at a local thrift store that has some pretty cool stuff, this isn't quite as costly as it would be if I was hitting the department stores.

I need to work on gaining control of my emotions and compulsions and I need more hours in the day to do all this.

So, how do you do it? How do you choose? How do you get it all done?

No comments: